Scouted at a young age, Brazilian model Jak Bueno talks about her journey to the fashion industry, her recent collaboration with the Greek Makeup Artist, Gregoris Pyrpylis, her dreams & goals while she comments on the Victoria’s Secret fashion show.
1. What made you first become a model?
“I grow up in a very small town, so I always wanted to do something different and move to a bigger city and when a scouter found me on the streets, I thought that it could be a good opportunity”.
2. Who was your role model as a child and how did that help in being a model?
“My role model was Alessandra Ambrosio, she inspire me to being in this market”.
3. Do you eat nutritiously? How often do you exercise or go to the gym?
“Yes. I always like to eat very healthy. There is a food from Brazil called “Tapioca” that I eat every single morning with turkey and eggs. I love it! Regarding the exercise, I normally go to the gym 4 times a week”.
4. What’s your guilty pleasure? (Food-wise!)
“My guilty pleasure to eat is truffle pasta”.
5. Recently, you have done a beauty shooting for “BIBA X BYCALLISTE”. How was it and how would you describe your collaboration with the Greek Makeup Artist, Gregoris Pyrpylis?
“It was super fun, the whole team was very nice with me and the pictures were amazing. Honestly, I can’t wait to see the results! Gregoris, is a very good Makeup artist and he is calm and professional, super cute!”
6. What are your goals as a model? How do you see yourself progress in this field?
“My goals are to work for brands that I like and to always give my best, so that one day to be recognized in the fashion industry”.
7. When you watch the Victoria’s Secret Show, do you imagine yourself model for the brand?
“Yes, of course. One of my dreams is to become a Victoria’s Secret model.”
8. How did you feel when you did your first photo shoot?
“I was 16 years old, shooting for a makeup brand called the name “Boticario” in Brazil. I was very nervous but in the end the pictures were very good and I was really happy!!”
9. What beauty tips do you swear by?
“My beauty tips are simple: always drink a lot of water, remove the make up before you go to sleep and before the workout. Also, I use every day sunscreen and moisturizer in my face”.
10. Any advice for someone who wants to become a model?